The information contained in this website has been compiled solely for the purpose of providing general information about matters relating to the subject of engineering insurance and is provided free of charge. By accessing this website you accept and agree to the following terms.
- MIAhascompiledthiswebsiteandtheyacceptnoresponsibilityfor any loss or damage of whatever nature arising in any way out of the use of, or inability to use, this website or from any error or omission in information contained in this website. IMIA reserve the absolute right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website or the services provided through it, including your access to it.
- Copyrightandotherintellectualpropertyrightsinthecontentofthis website, including any IMIA marks, logos and brands contained in the website, belong to IMIA or its licensor(s) (who have expressly licensed content to IMIA).
- Noneofthecontentormaterialsavailablefromthiswebsite, whether permission is granted for downloading and/or circulation or otherwise, may be used for commercial exploitation. You are permitted to download and store (on a temporary basis) any of the contents of this website provided this is solely to view such contents. You are forbidden from permanently copying, storing or in any way redistributing the contents of this website except for content specifically made available for download, such as publications. Such content may be downloaded only for your personal use, or circulation within your business.
- Nowarrantyorundertakingisgivenastothequality,fitnessfor purpose or freedom from error of the information provided in this website. The access, downloading and/or use by any person of the contents of this website or anything available from this website is entirely at the risk of such person.
- Anypersondownloading/orusingthecontentsofthiswebsitemust acknowledge this website as the source of the information downloaded or used. IMIA accepts no responsibility nor liability for any unauthorised alteration and/or distortion of the information contained in this website by any person downloading or using such information.
- Theinclusionofinformationonthiswebsitedoesnotimplyany endorsement by the IMIA of such information and any views and opinions expressed therein do not constitute the professional advice of the IMIA. Any reliance by any person upon the contents of the website is entirely at the risk of such person so readers are advised to seek independent professional advice before acting on anything contained herein.
- Provision by this website of an Internet link to another site does not represent authorisation by the IMIA for a user to access information held on that site. Any links to other websites provided by this
website have been included for convenience only and the IMIA is not responsible nor liable for the content of, or any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any external sites. The provision of a link should not be taken as endorsement of any kind by IMIA.
- IMIAwillonlyuseanypersonaldatacollectedduringyouruseof this website in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. The data will not be given to any third party company for marketing purposes or any other use.
- Totheextentpermittedbylaw,IMIAacceptsnoliabilitywhatsoever for any loss of whatever nature, including, without limitation, loss of profits, increased expenses or costs, charges, damages and expenses incurred in connection with liability to any third parties or any other loss either direct, indirect or consequential howsoever arising whether in tort including negligence or otherwise by virtue of the contents of this website or anything available from this website, including, without limitation, any information provided or any links to other websites or the contents thereof. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude IMIA’s liability for death or personal injury due to the negligence of IMIA or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You agree to indemnify and hold IMIA, and any of its officers, employees and agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses of any character incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your misuse of or conduct on, this website and/or a breach of these terms.
- IMIA may assign or subcontract any or all of its rights and obligations under these terms (subject to adequate protection of your personal data rights). IMIA may alter these terms from time to time and post the new version on this website following which all use of this website will be governed by that version.
- If any provision of these terms shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such provision shall be divisible from them and shall be deemed deleted from them. The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and your use of this website and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Revised 20th February 2009